Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Catching Up



This is one of my latest pictures, taken in August. August marked our four-year anniversary of living in this fair city. Today is September first. The dill is from Common Ground Farm, our CSA. The tomatoes are from our garden. But we need to back up a little bit...

This always happens. I get all excited about a project in January, in my slow time of year, and then April hits and work stomps out all of the extra non-paying creative stuff I do. Luckily, I get to be creative in work, but still. I've been missing this blog. Today I got a nice note from someone who found A Year (or two, or three...) in Beacon whilst looking for information on Dia:Beacon. I have no idea how she found me; I just tried googling Dia:Beacon for websites, blogs, and images and this blog was nowhere to be found. Nevertheless. I'm going to play hooky for an hour or so and catch up a bit. A fellow Beaconite, Gary, has a lovely blog that's mostly images (actually, it's only images), and he has inspired me to say less and show more.

So, working backwards from early spring, here are a few posts:


Speaking of Gary, his wife Virginia makes beautiful pottery. These pears happily occupy the bowl that she gave me and J. as our wedding present.

No comments:

Post a Comment